Shaw Main Streets is creating a sustainable, self-sufficient business district where residents and visitors can find everything within this vibrant, walkable community.
What's Happening in Shaw
- Come Celebrate Another Great Year in Shaw at the Shaw Main Streets Annual Meeting, 03/20/18!
Highlights of this free event include a reception with free food and beverages, the announcement of the winners of the Best New Shaw Business of 2017 Awards, remarks from city officials, and a review of the highlights of the past year!
- Grants Available for Shaw Retailers North of S Street, NW: Applications Due 04/02/18
$100,000 in Grants are Made Possible by Development at 965 Florida Avenue, NW
- Vote for Your Favorite New Shaw Businesses in the Best New Shaw Business of 2017 Contest, Now Through 03/19/18!
The top three vote-getters will receive awards as the Best New Shaw Businesses of 2017 at the Shaw Main Streets Annual Meeting on 03/20/18!
- Take a Free Walking Tour of "Dr. Woodson's Neighborhood," 02/24/18!
Learn about the people and places Dr. Carter G. Woodson, Father of Black History, was familiar with when he lived in central Shaw in the 1920s-40s on a free Black History Month tour sponsored by the National Park Service and Shaw Main Streets!
- Candlelight Vigil for Wagtime Owner Lisa Schreiber in Blagden Alley, 01/22/17
Shaw Community Gathers to Pay Tribute to Beloved Business Owner and Leader
See More Photos